Creatures and Zombies are something audiences seem to be loving these days. A Quiet Place, a movie released in 2018 blew our minds away with the concept of creatures and how they were designed to fear the hell out of people!
Directed by John Krasinski and lead by Emily Blunt, The movie included a family and their struggles against saving themselves from the creatures! Well, the cast is back with its sequel!
A Quiet Place Part 2 Movie is an American Horror, post-apocalyptic movie, The family though loses one of the main leads, Lee Abbott, and Evelyn Abbott is left with three kids to survive from the creatures.
The movie will cast Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe, who will continue their roles from the initial movie, part 1.
We would see Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou also joined the cast. We might John Krasinski also recreates his role from the first film in newly-filmed flashback sequences. The studio behind the first film was Paramount Pictures.
A Quiet Place Part 2 Movie Official Trailer
The trailer simply started with Day 1, how it all started and how will it go through with the characters step by step. Let’s get into the roller coaster ride with a Quiet place part 2, Watch the trailer now if you haven’t watched it yet!
A Quiet Place Part 2 Movie RELEASE DATE
The Production started in Western New York from June to September 2019. The film premiered World Wide in New York City on March 8, 2020, just how the first part was released gin March 9, 2018, Paramount Pictures initially planned to release the movie on theatres in late-March 2020 but postponed it to September 4, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, theatres are shut down, it’s been months now!
They initially planned to release the film in cinema halls on March 18, 2020. It delayed the release of the film due to the pandemic. Paramount Pictures already spent like 60% of its budget on marketing and advertising, and the film’s delay was “truly a shocker” because it was too much spent on advertising and rescheduling was not an option.
A Quiet Place Part 2 Movie PRE-PRODUCTION
Paramount Pictures were the distributers for the sequel as well. The first part ended up being a successful movie.
By the following August 2018, Krasinski was convinced to write the sequel for this. The production took place in New York from June to September 2019.
A Quiet Place Part 2 CAST LIST
|Emily Blunt||Evelyn Abbott|
|Millicent Simmonds||Regan Abbott|
|Noah Jupe||Marcus Abbott|
|John Krasinski||Lee Abbott|
|Lauren-Ashley Cristiano||Emmett’s Wife|
|Zachary Golinger||Emmett’s Son|
|Sheri Fairchild||Woman at Hair Salon|
|Barbara Singer||Old Woman in Store|
|Gary Sundown||Island Person|
|Ashley Dyke||Woman in the Window|
A Quiet Place Part 2 Movie CHARACTERS EXPLAINED
- Emily Blunt will be seen as Evelyn Abbott.
- Cillian Murphy will be seen playing Emmett. The character of Emmett Murphy mentions, “For me, Emmett represents where the heart of the world lies right now, which is: finally feeling like they’ve all given up. That idea ain fact, I’ve always been excited.
- Millicent Simmonds will be playing Regan Abbott, the same girl who portrayed deaf character will see be acing her role like always. She’ll be Evelyn’s deaf daughter land Marcus’s sister. Simmonds said she will be more evolved after the first film, “She has a lot of pressure to become an adult very quickly.” We know that She plays a more prominent role this time in the sequel, “Deafness and ASL are essentially linked to the heroism of its heroine.” Simmonds worked with an ASL coach to make sure that her articulation was on point. She said she felt “a sense of pressure” being in a position to represent the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Noah Jupe plays Marcus Abbott, Lee and Evelyn’s son and Regan’s brother
- John Krasinski, the Lee Abbott, Evelyn’s deceased husband, and Regan and Marcus’s father. He re-appears in a few newly-filmed flashback sequences. It begins from where it’s all started initially, as the trailer starts from day 1, we would get to see that.
Quiet Place Part 2 Movie Review
Abbott family and their city are guarded by a new set of creatures, the sound monsters. The sequel will revolve around how everything started, from the initial phase to now, and how the family will survive further.
Eventually, they’ll get to know that it’s not only the sound monsters they need to save themselves from.
It revolves around the struggles of fighting against the sound monsters continuing as new characters unite to survive, it’s purely the survival of the fittest.
Paramount Pictures, the producers of the first film, A Quiet Place, was made on a budget of $17 million. It grossed around $50.2 million on opening weekend. Later in April, Paramount Pictures’ CEO Jim Gianopulos announced that they were planning a sequel soon, that it was in development. The first film ultimately grossed $188 million in the United States and Canada and $340.9 million worldwide.
Skeptical of finding the same success in a second part, he initially told Paramount to look for another writer and director. The screenwriters of the first movie, Scott Beck and Bryan Woods did not turn back for the sequel.
Woods said they were not interested in a franchise approach. They said that they wanted to work on something “to create original ideas” and use their writing credits “as an opportunity to push several projects”.
Beck mentioned, “Instead of concentrating on sequels, it’s about investing back into the ecosystem of original ideas in a great marketplace.” Just after three months of A Quiet Place release, Krasinski decided to brainstorm and ideate concepts for a sequel.
According to Krasinski, Paramount rejected pitches from other writers and directors that were considered too franchise-oriented. Krasinski said, “I had a small idea, which was supposed to make Millie Simmonds the main character of the movie… her character opens the door to all the themes that I was dealing with in the first movie.”
Later the studio invited him to write the script and proceed further with the ideation to write the script further and proceed to conceptualize. By August 2018, Krasinski was already writing the sequel.
In the following year, February, he was asked to direct the sequel of Quiet Place, and actors Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe were confirmed to continue their roles in the movie.
In March, Cillian Murphy joined the troop. In the following June, Brian Tyree Henry joined the team but sadly he had to leave the film due to scheduling problems. He was replaced by Djimon Hounsou in August that year. The music was given by Marco Baltrami.
Quiet Place Part 2 Movie Filming Location
The sequel began in June 2019. Filming officially started on July 15. It was 47 days of filming the movie including the following places. Western New York
Other locations added:
- Erie County
- The city of North Tonawanda
- Barcelona Harbor in the town of Westfield in Chautauqua County
- Filming also took place in Buffalo’s sound stage.
- One of the last filming locations, the northbound South Grand. It is said that Island Bridge, was shut down for 13 hours for filming.
In addition to Western New York, filming also took place in the New York region of Hudson Valley, specifically in Dover, Pawling, and New Paltz.
- Polly Morgan was the chosen cinematographer for A Quiet Place Part 2, who replaced Charlotte Bruus Christensen, the cinematographer from the first film.
- Morgan continued the first film with the use of 35 mm film and described its effect, “Although A Quiet Place part 2 is a horror genre movie, it looks aesthetic and engaging, with a nostalgic look that you would find hard to achieve digitally.
- The sequel’s cinematography also evolves from its prequels in following the action. Morgan explained what Krasinski had to deliver, “John always kept the camera ongoing and continuing and create long shots’ to play with rhythm and pressure and to show how normal life can suddenly become very different, strange and dangerous—all in the same!
- ” The movie’s extreme dark situations” (night scenes and stage work that consisted of 75% of screen duration) were shot with Kodak Vision3 500T 5219 film stock.
- On the other hand, Vision3 250D 5207 was used mainly for day time exteriors. One of Morgan’s most challenging situations to shoot was lighting and shooting the furnace setting. We would get to see that.
Quiet Place Part 2 Sound design
For the sequel’s music and sound design, Erik Aadahl and Ethan Van der Ryn were the major sound editors. Krasinski instructed them to try to “follow the flow of first part” and said of the experience, “What we found, once we did that, and not trying to be cool, we ended up exploring way more stuff than we ever would’ve been able to on the other hand.
A Quiet Place Part 2 NEWS / INTERVIEWS
” Well, it’s it funny because I think it’s quite out there, we’ve been talking about this so openly. We both were dragging our heels about the idea of this sequel. First, it was so precious in some ways we surely wanted to recreate that. So the approach mentally became to see it as a continuation more than a sequel” Emily Blunt.
Quiet Place Part 2 Movie CONCLUSION
The movie a must-watch, the amazing details and VFX make it worth watching for one and all. It’s a 2.5 hr roller coaster ride we all would love to ride on! Where to watch? None other than Netflix!